Alum Affinity, Identity, and Interest Groups
At Castilleja, we collectively commit to engaging in active listening, courageous conversations, and compassionate leadership that heightens our understanding of one another and the world around us. Castilleja currently offers intentional groups for students, employees, and parents and we are excited to extend these groups to our alumnae to bring forth groups led by alums across the country and globe. As identity is multifaceted, these groups are designed to recognize the various identities each person holds simultaneously. Alumnae are welcome to create or join multiple groups.
- Why are we creating affinity, identity, and interest groups for Castilleja alums?
- Why are there different categories of groups for alums: affinity groups, identity groups, and interest groups?
- Can I join multiple groups?
- How do I determine which category is right for a group that I would like to propose?
- I have heard people say that having discussions about important topics by affinity, identity, and interest may divide people further. Shouldn’t we be discussing ideas altogether?