Senior Graphic Designer and Webmaster
Founded in 1907, Castilleja is the only non-sectarian school for all girls, grades 6-12, in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have a proud history of helping each student reach her full potential and empowering our students of today to become the leaders of tomorrow. We're shaping the future, and we're looking for someone to join our outstanding Communications team! Castilleja provides an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package and generous time-off policies. Year round employees receive 20 paid holiday/break days as well as 3 weeks vacation in the first year.
As the Senior Graphic Designer and Webmaster, you will play a vital role in school communications by creating innovative content that captures Castilleja’s brand and messaging. You will work directly with our internal teams and external vendors to produce high quality products using a multitude of materials and resources. You will use your keen sense of composition, layout, typography, story and color skills, and your ability to convey the Castilleja experience and story. You will bring your deep expertise in design, illustration, and your proficiency in software including Adobe Creative Cloud and Finalsite and be a key member of the Communications team.
You are a creative thinker who loves to problem solve, and has at least five years of graphic design experience. You also are a strong communicator, collaborator and work well with a variety of people. You have prior website content management experience, ideally using Finalsite - our integrated web design, CMS, and digital marketing platform. You excel when using Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, and Lightroom software. We are looking for an outstanding Senior Graphic Designer and Webmaster who meets the criteria below.
- Visualize and create print and digital materials that are creative, impactful, on brand, and on message.
- Manage many simultaneous projects, communicating with multiple departments to understand their design needs and deliver on schedule.
- Proactively manage the school website to keep content fresh, timely, and engaging, while monitoring functionality, site performance, and accuracy.
- Work with vendors to manage the quality, cost and timeliness of deliverables.
- Design and maintain the different Finalsite modules used across Castilleja, e.g., Composer, eNotify/Messages, Calendar Manager, Resources, Posts, and Site Administration. Train employees and parents as needed.
- Utilize analytics and SEO to maximize website impact.
- The successful candidate will have at least five years of graphic design experience, as well as strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior website content management experience is required. The ideal candidate would be proficient in using Finalsite, our integrated web design, CMS, and digital marketing platform.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, and Lightroom software is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite is a strong plus.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are necessary.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem-solve and think creatively
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility
- Online/digital portfolio demonstrating visual design skills and experience relevant to the role is required.
• Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
• Frequently stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, and reach/work above shoulders.
• Occasionally sit, twist/bend/stoop/squat.
• Visual acuity including color vision.
Please send a cover letter, resume, sample portfolio, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use GRAPHIC DESIGNER in the subject of your email. Please do not forward to individuals at Castilleja as we cannot guarantee proper response or distribution.