Casti Camp Counselor
Inspire, support, engage, and create! Camp Counselors help to create an exciting, energetic and unparalleled learning experience! Located at Castilleja School in Palo Alto, Casti Camp is all-day, all-girl fun! Casti camp is available to rising 2nd-6th graders, and we offer a vibrant Counselor-in-Leadership-Training (CiLT) program to rising 7th-9th graders. Girls Rule! Counselors help to bring to life and create a range of age-appropriate activities including athletics, art, science, computers, writing, crafts, cooking, drama, dance and music classes each day that spark their interest. As a counselor you have the ability to help encourage creativity, self-confidence, cooperation, risk-taking, and responsibility. Working at Casti Camp will bring you and the camper a summer full of memories such as weekly field trips, talent shows, counselor skits, and camp songs!
Casti Camp Counselor General Job Responsibilities
- Design and plan a wide variety of classes for girls in grades 2–6
- Come to Camp prepared each day
- Set a good example for campers in all areas, including cleanliness, attire, punctuality, clean-up chores, rules, and sportsmanship
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being, and happiness of campers
- Provide opportunities for individual success while at camp
- Guide campers in participating in all aspects of camp activities
- Supervise and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for group problem solving
- Assist fellow counselors and camp staff in all areas of camp
- Communicate regularly with Camp Director regarding concerns, updates, challenges
Casti Camp Counselor Qualifications:
- Minimum one year of college
- Loves children
- Previous experience as a camp counselor or working with children is preferred
- Knows how to maintain professional standards while working with peers
- Ability to work with a wide range of ages and skill levels
- Excellent character, integrity, and adaptability
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Ability to design, teach, and lead a wide variety of camp activities and classes
- Tons of energy and willingness to make a fool of yourself for the sake of making a camper smile
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Must be willing to work indoors, outdoors, loud spaces, quiet rooms, air-conditioned rooms
- Ability to return hiring paperwork in a timely manner and fulfill all hiring requirements including getting fingerprinted in the state of California by May 15, 2021
- Availability to actively participate in pre-camp training; Week of June 7th 2021
- Available to work mid-June through August 7th, 2020 from 7:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- $15.40 to $18.00 per hour depending on experience
COVID PREPAREDNESS: The State of California and Santa Clara County have established clear guidelines for citizens and for schools regarding the most important steps all of us can take to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and begin to reopen schools. These health protocols are strictly followed:
Wear Masks - We are required to wear face masks whenever we will be within six feet of anyone who does not live in our household.
Wash Hands - As simple as it is, proper and frequent handwashing is crucial to protecting ourselves and others.
Physical Distancing - We must remain at least six feet away from people who do not live in our household.
Testing and Isolation of Cases - We test everyone on campus weekly.
You may apply for this position using this link: https://castilleja.campbrainstaff.com/