Director of Alumni Relations
Become a part of our supportive and collaborative community!
Castilleja School believes in the power of Women Learning and Women Leading. Founded in 1907, Castilleja is an independent, all-girls day school in Palo Alto, CA, offering an innovative curriculum for grades 6-12. Castilleja’s mission continues to be to educate young women to become confident thinkers and compassionate leaders with a sense of purpose to effect change in the world. Castilleja provides outstanding benefits, generous time off, and a supportive and collaborative work environment with abundant professional growth opportunities.
Castilleja is seeking a Director of Alumni Relations. The Director will lead a comprehensive alumni program including implementing an engagement and networking initiative; cultivating and maintaining relationships; developing and managing the alumni giving campaigns.
In collaboration with other members of the Advancement Department, and aligned with advancing the mission and fundraising goals of Castilleja:
- Lead the overall alumni program
- Plan, develop, and implement meaningful events and programming to strengthen the alumni network
- Manage annual alumni giving campaigns: Annual Fund, Reunion Giving, and Giving Day in partnership with the Director of Advancement and Director of the Capital Campaign.
- Recruit, support, and partner with the Alumni Executive Committee, including working closely with the Alumni Board President and committee members
- Plan and execute engaging in-person and virtual events such as Reunion Weekend, Regional gatherings, alumni panels and networking events, etc.
- Design a communications strategy, including print, social media and website, working closely with the Communications Department
- Travel for regional events & meetings with alumni outside of the Bay area
- Contribute to semi-annual publication of the Full Circle magazine and produce quarterly alumnae eNews
- Identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; ensure activities are documented in alumnae engagement activity in the database.
- Manage budget for alumni department
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with planning and implementing complex events
- Track record of cultivating relationships
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to: HR@castilleja.org. Please use the words “Alumni Relations Director” in the subject line.