The varsity track and field team celebrated senior night at the WBAL Trials this past Saturday for two tremendous senior student-athletes, Cosi Layton and Caroline Hallee! Before the meet began, all of the seniors from the fourteen participating schools were recognized, and Castilleja seniors were given signed frames and roses in honor of their commitment to athletics.
The meet was highly successful for Castilleja sprinters, throwers, and distance runners and many student-athletes will be moving on to the WBAL Finals, which will be held this Friday, May 11th at Palo Alto High School beginning at 5:00 pm. A few of the biggest highlights are below:
- All Varsity long-sprint/mid-distance team members advanced to finals in the 400m, 800m, 1600m, and 3200m
- Lauren Traum leads the league in the 400m going into the finals
- Personal bests for Tevah Gevelber and Angie Wang in the 1600m, both advancing to the finals
- Moorea Mitchell automatically advanced to the finals in the shot put, and she had another personal best and school record in the discus at 110 feet advancing her to the finals
- Athena Burrs-President had a big personal best in the 400m (69 seconds), advancing her to the JV finals
- Michelle Xu advanced to the finals in the JV 100m hurdles
You can find the full meet results here!
Come out to Paly on Friday to support the Castilleja student-athletes who will continue in hopes of qualifying for CCS Track and Field! More details here.