Margarita Espinosa Library
The Margarita Espinosa Library is a hub of student activity at Castilleja.
The library’s mission is to train excellent student researchers, provide high-quality library services, and develop collections that support academics and independent reading at Castilleja. Librarians help students develop the capacity to locate, evaluate, and apply information. We create community by hosting special events and programs throughout the year such as visiting authors, an edible book festival, high tech origami, a trivia hunt, and a book swap.
Our library offers:
- More than 16,000 paper books and 2,000 ebooks
- More than 800 films on DVD
- More than 30 subscription databases
- Four daily newspapers
- Nearly four dozen magazines
- Two group study rooms with writeable glass walls
- Numerous individual study carrels and tables for collaborative work
- Multiple charging stations for personal devices
The library blog hosts student-created content, such as book reviews and literary magazines, author interviews, local literary event listings, and more. Students can access the library catalog, databases, and the ebook collection online 24 hours a day.