Through engaging classroom and real-world experiences, our students build the intellect, community connections, and global perspective necessary to make real impact.
In the company of girls, students develop transformative relationships with each other and with their teachers. Intentional, collaborative and interdisciplinary, a Castilleja 6th through 12th education is carefully scaffolded to allow each student the opportunity to become her best and most authentic self. She graduates with the self-confidence and concern for others necessary for a lifetime of compassionate leadership.
- 6th Grade: Exploration
- 7th Grade: Identity
- 8th Grade: Engagement
- 9th Grade: Building Foundations
- 10th Grade: Creating Connections
- 11th Grade: Exploring Perspectives
- 12th Grade: Understanding Leadership
Develop multiple perspectives as you listen to others’ stories and learn to tell your own. Global Investigator Trips highlight the year as you seek to understand global challenges, and embrace ambiguity. Further explore perspectives as you tackle interdisciplinary projects in English, history and art and embark on the college journey.
In the longer run and for wide-reaching issues, more creative solutions tend to come from imaginative interdisciplinary collaboration.”–Robert J. Shiller
Creativity depends on interactions between feeling and thinking, and across different disciplinary boundaries and fields of ideas.”–Ken Robinson, Out of Our Minds, 2011
- Rotating schedule provides daily variety for all learners
- Varying class lengths with long blocks encourage deep exploration and project-based learning
- Fewer classes per day and late start every Wednesday slows the pace of the week and increases engagement
- Community and Flex periods provide time for connection and interdisciplinary endeavors
- Built in study time and office hours allow frequent accessibility to teachers outside of class time