Assistant Varsity Coach- Soccer
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics (AD)
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Hourly
In partnership with the Varsity head coach, provide leadership, supervision, and organization of the Varsity Program; and carry out this role while adhering to the objectives of Castilleja’s athletic program of Castilleja School.
- Formulate objectives and goals for the upcoming season.
- Keep abreast of new ideas and techniques by attending clinics and workshops, or reading publications relating to your sport being coach.
- Be knowledgeable of WBAL and CCS rules and regulations concerning the specific sport.
- Implement proper procedures for out of season practices and workouts according to CCS guidelines.
- Represent Castilleja and the sport in a positive manner.
- Model sportsmanlike behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, opposing coaches, spectators, parents and student athletes.
- Mentor student athletes.
- Timely communication efforts with the Athletic Department, student-athletes, parents and faculty and staff
- Responsible for Clocking in and out when arriving and leaving from coaching responsibilities
- Attend Pre and Post Season WBAL League Meetings.
- Work with Castilleja’s Athletic Training Staff to ensure that the health and wellness of each student-athlete
- Work with Jessie Surface for the team’s strength and conditioning workouts
Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
- Encourage sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.
- Apply discipline in a firm and positive manner to each athlete individually, and treat each team member with respect and in a fair manner.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, faculty, staff, and members of the Athletic Department
- Obtain season schedule from AD and attend pre-season meetings as required.
- Provide AD with a current roster and update as needed and keep the AD informed in a prompt manner if any players quit or are released from the team.
- Be aware of any medical problems, which might exist with any team members.
- Notify parents immediately In case of injury. If the injury is life –threatening, call 911 immediately.
- Work collaboratively with the Athletic Training Staff
- Assume responsibility for constant care of facilities and equipment being used.
- Notify AD of any additional equipment needs.
- Make sure all equipment and facilities are locked following every practice or game.
- Organize and schedule practice sessions on a regular basis with the idea of developing the athlete’s greatest potential.
- Arrive at school the practice site at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time.
- Attend coaches’ meetings as announced by the AD.
- Promptly inform AD of conversations with parents.
- Make sure all equipment and facilities are readied in sufficient time prior to games and practices.
- Always have medical and emergency information of team members at all times.
- Call in games results following each athletic contest to the school, any appropriate league representatives and/or newspapers.
- Go over all rules, regulations, and expectations of athletes at the beginning of the season.
- Following each athletic contest fill out a Post Game Report.
- Always begin and end practice on time.
- Take required CPR/concussion courses
POST SEASON RESPONSIBILITIES
(All items listed below should be completed and given to AD within one week following the final athletic contest.)
- Inventory and check in all equipment with AD.
- Properly clean and store equipment.
- Attend WBAL Post Season Meeting
- Submit an End of Season Report.
- Turn in names of award winners.
- Turn in keys if not coaching a following season.
- Attend all Athletic Award assemblies corresponding to the season to present team and individual awards.
- Meet with AD for a season coaching evaluation.
- Attend the Celebration of Sports held each year in May.
If interested, please provide resume, cover letter and a completed application found at www.castilleja.org/careers to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate SOCCER COACH in the subject field. Compensation is commensurate with experience.